Senior Network Engineer/Technician
This position requires you to live in the Sonoma County or surrounding area in CA and must have a
minimum of 3-years of experience working for a company that is known in the industry as a Managed Service Provider (providing outsourced IT services). The Senior Network Engineer/Technician is the perfect technical position for someone who enjoys working directly with customers to design and implement technical solutions on a project basis, has a passion for solving complex technical problems and mentoring others to do the same, stays abreast of technology trends and advancements, and thrives in a fast-pasted and dynamic environment. If working for a small local office focused on serving small to mid-sized businesses to perform better, grow faster, and achieve more by leveraging technology sounds appealing to you, we’d love to hear from you!
EXPERTISE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Passion for delivering remarkable customer experience and success.
• Excellent understanding of troubleshooting the client and server operating systems outlined
in the Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities section below.
• Ability to communicate complex IT concepts and solutions to non-technical clients.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Diagnosis skills for technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT
• Strong decision making and outstanding project management skills.
• Be self-motivated, reliable and punctual.
• Strategic and detail orientated.
MAIN JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct network discoveries and customer onboarding for new managed service
• Identify, propose, design, and deliver proactive and appropriate infrastructure
upgrades/projects for existing managed service customers to enable a more productive,
secure and stable environment in line with best in class IT practices.
• Lead options discussions with customers that take their needs and business into
consideration but does not jeopardize the IT goals of a more secure, stable, and productive
• Provide exceptional customer experience and technical expertise on inbound calls, and
escalated tickets generated by our customers.
• Log time entries and notes for support and maintenance performed using our PSA.
• Provide customers with timely written and oral updates regarding their projects and/or
• Update and maintain customer information in our documentation system as changes in their
• Create or update documented policies and procedures for the use of technical staff when
new issues occur that may impact multiple users.
• Participate in our on-call rotation with the Level 2 and 3 Help Desk and Engineering staff.
• Troubleshoot issues relating to:
o Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and SBS variants
o VDI, VM/Ware, and Hypervisor
o Windows domains and workgroups
o Windows networking (mapped network drives, shared folders, printers, etc.)
o Active Directory
o User profile creation and modification
o Group Policy Objects
o Firewall Configuration (VPN, port forwarding, etc.)
o LAN/WAN connectivity
o Onsite Exchange and hosted Exchange environments (Office 365, Google Apps)
o Hardware diagnostics (servers/workstations/laptops)
o Microsoft Office Suite (2007-2016)
o Windows 7/10
o Android/iPhone/Blackberry/Windows Phone OS’
o Cloud phone providers such as DSCI, Jive, and SKYPE.
o Third party applications with the assistance of the vendors support staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum five years’ experience within relevant IT fields.
• Associate or Bachelors degree, in computer science, information sciences, or related field
• Minimum three years’ experience in Managed Service Provider environment.
• Familiarity with the following brands: APC, Apple, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Datto, Dell, HP,
Intronis, Lenovo, Microsoft, Netgear ProSafe, QNap, SonicWALL, Sophos, Synology,
Ubiquiti, iOS, Android.
• Experience using Autotask, Kaseya, IT Glue, Printer Logic, Addigy, AWS, a plus.
• Certifications Preferred: • CompTIA A+ • CompTIA Net+ • CompTIA Security+ • MCDST •
• Clean Driver’s License required
We offer great benefits, diversity of work assignments, in a team orientated work environment.
We partner with small to mid-size business who recognize the value of leveraging technology to
succeed. We do this by blessing our customers with excellence and instilling a culture that
empowers our team to enjoy success in their own lives.
Job Type: Full-time
Our team currently works remotely in alignment with local SIP orders. Our senior technicians do
work at client sites for key project deliverables. We require masks, health screens, and temperature
checks for anyone coming to our office or going onsite.