Role: Field Support Engineer
We are an IT Managed Services Provider located in Woburn, MA focused on providing support for small to midsized businesses looking to outsource their IT functions. Relationship flexibility enables work arrangements that accommodate different levels of service. Whether it be fully-outsourced IT, supplemental IT, or project-based assistance.
We are a family-owned member of a franchisee network of 100 TeamLogic IT locations nationwide. The strength of our network has placed us at #45 on the MSPmentor.net Top 501 Managed Service Providers.
Our primary geographical support area spans from Boston and its surrounding communities to the New Hampshire border.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Experience working with network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting is required. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of networking protocols.
· Experience working with and deploying Windows 2008-2019 Server.
· Experience working with and deploying hypervisors such as Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi.
· Experience working with and deploying SAN and NAS devices.
· Experience working with remote management and monitoring systems such as Kaseya, Connectwise, Datto AEM, etc.
· Experience working with Office 365, GSuite, and other online collaboration platforms.
· Experience working with and deploying Windows 10 workstations/laptops and Apple products.
· Candidates should be team players with excellent communication skills and possess the ability to manage assignments independently. They ideal candidate will have a nurturing personality and the desire to help in the mentoring of their fellow technicians and engineers.
· 3-5 Years of prior IT experience. Prior experience with a Managed Service Provider is a plus. This is a hands-on role with equal parts project management and personal project execution.
· Demonstrates strong documentation skills
· Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate by phone, email, and in-person.
· Demonstrates the ability to achieve successful outcomes while managing difficult situations with various customers and management levels.
· Demonstrates analytical and methodical troubleshooting skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrates initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
· Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct the work of others.
· Demonstrates the ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
· Microsoft certifications are a plus.
· Cisco certifications are a plus.
MAIN JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITES
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s) for each customer.
· Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
· Prioritize existing projects and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, and maintenance.
· Implements and monitors information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
· Create, request, and present technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new servers and networking equipment via quote procedures.
· Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability when necessary.
· Perform standard system administration duties including: server install, system/application install, patch management, operating system problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
· Configure, test, and maintain LAN equipment and services including: routers, firewalls, switches, and VPNs.
· Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
· Provide infrastructure services in all areas needed, including: storage networking, operating system, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
· Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
· Utilize superior customer service skills.
· Rely on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
· Performs ongoing personal training and education efforts to stay current with the evolving technological landscape.
Job Type: Full-time – salary $60k-75k plus $4k signing bonus
· Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of industry experience.
· 3+ years of industry experience.
Required license or certification:
· Driver’s License