No doubt you have your own opinion about which are today’s biggest IT compliance challenges. See how your views align with those identified by IT, compliance and security experts polled by CIO.com.
1) BYOD: Smartphones, tablets and other personal mobile devices create vulnerabilities that, without strong protocols and policies, pose immeasurable risk to network and data security.
2) Software management. Third-party vulnerabilities in commercial and open-source software more than doubled in 2017, sparking a patch-and-update frenzy that can still be seen in today’s (even more highly regulated) environment.
3) Privacy Regulations: Though ultimately beneficial for all concerned, businesses are struggling to comply with existing regulations (GDPR) and forthcoming ones like the California Consumer Protection Act.
Other top compliance worries named by CIO.com respondents include:
4) Vendor security management and
5) The Internet of Things (IoT).
If you’re uncertain about your company’s state of data compliance, call TeamLogic IT today.